Read about our work in the publications or pages listed below:
- Edwards G, Thomas G. Can Reflective Practice be Taught?. Educational Studies 2010, 36(4), 403-414.
- Edwards G. The Past and Future Inside the Present: Dialectical Thinking and the Transformation of Teaching. Journal for Critical Education Policy Studies 2011, 9(2), 43-55.
- Edwards G. Standpoint theory, realism and the search for objectivity in the sociology of education. British Journal of Sociology of Education 2014, 35(2), 167-184.
- Edwards G. Pre-service teachers’ growth as practitioners of developmentally appropriate practice: a Vygotskian analysis of constraints and affordances in the English context. European Journal of Teacher Education 2014, 37(1), 4-17.
- Edwards G, Canaan J. Radical, critical and Marxist education in neoliberal Britain. In: Hill D. and Griffiths T, ed. Critical Education, Critical Pedagogies, Marxist Education. 2015. Submitted.
- Jones H. Living on the Edge: Rethinking Poverty, Class and Schooling John Smyth and Terry Wrigley. Improving Schools 2014, 17(1), 127-129.
- Mroz M, Letts C. Early years education, language and social background: A decade of changing policy and practice. European Journal of Applied Linguistics 2014, 2(1), 79-100.
- Smith HJ. A National Curriculum For All: A Cautionary Tale. Journal of Curriculum and Pedagogy 2014, 11(1), 35-37.
- Lugendo D, Smith HJ. Scaffolding for mediated learning during ‘whole-class exercises’ in Kenyan Secondary English lessons. In: Jenks,C and Seedhouse,P, ed. International Perspectives on Classroom Interaction. Palgarve Macmillan, 2014. In Press.
- Smith H. A critique of the teaching standards in England (1984-2012): discourses of equality and maintaining the status quo. Journal of Education Policy 2013, 28(4), 427-448.
- Smith HJ. Emotional responses to documentary viewing and the potential for transformative teaching. Teaching Education 2013, 25(2), 217-238.
- Smith HJ, Lander V. Collusion or collision: effects of teacher ethnicity in the teaching of critical whiteness. Race, Ethnicity and Education 2012, 15(3), 331-351.
- Smith H. Playing a different game: The contextualised decision-making processes of minority ethnic students in choosing a higher education institution. Race Ethnicity and Education 2007, 10(4), 415-437.